Soup-er easy, nourishing, heart-warming and vegan – it’s just like a big hug in a bowl!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250g mushroom cups
- 1 small whole cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 litre stock of your choice (vegetable if you’re vegan, chicken if you’re not)
- 150g shimeji or enoki mushrooms
- brown rice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Chop the cauliflower and the mushroom cups into small pieces of roughly equal sizes. Leave the shimeji mushrooms whole. Spray the vegetables with olive oil, and roast on a lined baking tray until the mushrooms are squishy and the cauliflower is browning / crispy around the edges (approximately 15-20 minutes).
- Cook the brown rice as per directions on the packet.
- Place the roasted mushroom cup pieces, cauliflower, garlic and stock in the blender, and blend until smooth. Top with the brown rice and shimeji mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper to taste.