The perfect harmony between salty and sweet makes this pretzel based slice an absolute crowd-pleaser (and best of all – it can be made in about 10 minutes!).
Dark Chocolate Almond Bark (pictured above)
- 2 cups loosely broken pretzels (I find the mini variety work best here)
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted nuts (I generally use peanuts or almonds)
- Using a bowl over a saucepan of water, slowly melt the chocolate until smooth.
- While still warm, quickly stir the pretzels and nuts into the melted chocolate. Line a brownie pan with baking paper, spread the mix along the bottom of the pan (don’t worry if it doesn’t fit perfectly – the lumpiness is part of it’s charm!) and place in the freezer for 10 minutes until set. Cut into shards and serve!
Mars Bar Chocolate Bark
It’s hard to believe that perfection can be achieved with only two ingredients……
- 2 cups loosely broken mini pretzels
- 1 packet of 12 fun-sized mars bars
- Roughly chop and then melt the mars bars over a saucepan of boiling water.
- While still warm, quickly stir in the pretzels, press into a lined baking tin, and freeze for 10 minutes until firm. Try not to eat the whole thing yourself.