Peanut butter, banana and chocolatey goodness with the added benefits of being high fibre, low in refined sugar AND high protein? These gloriously fudgy mouthfuls may just be the best brownies ever!
Ingredients (makes 9-12 depending on how you cut them!)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal (can substitute with LSA)
- 1/2 cup cacao pea protein (I use hazelnut cacao pea protein by Botanika Blends)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs cacao (can substitute with cocoa powder, or carob for something sweeter)
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 extra-ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter (i.e. no added oil, salt or sugar – I use crunchy PB by Mayvers)
Note if you prefer yours sweeter, you can also add 2 tbs maple syrup or coconut sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and line a brownie tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mash the bananas, then add the eggs and oil and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, flaxseed, pea protein, cacao and baking powder to the mix and again, stir everything until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the brownie tray, then swirl the peanut butter on top (place blobs about 1/3rd of the tray apart from each other, then use a fork to swirl into the mixture).
- Bake until a sewer comes out clean (about 20-30 minutes). Allow to cool before cutting.
For a bit of crunch, you can also add your favourite nuts or cacao nibs to the mix!