This is one vegetarian pasta dish that’ll gnock your socks off!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g gnocchi
- 200g pumpkin
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 100g spinach leaves
- 100g silverbeet leaves
- 1/2 small eggplant
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Grated cheese (I used a mixture of Australian feta, smoked cheddar and a firm goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Finely chop the pumpkin and cauliflower, and roast until just charred around the edges. Set aside.
- Finely slice the white part of the leek, the mushrooms and the eggplant. Also finely slice the silverbeet leaves and spinach.
- Heat a frypan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and leeks and sauté until soft. Add the mushrooms and eggplant and also cook until soft. Add the silverbeet and spinach, and stir until wilted.
- Make a well in the centre of the frypan. Add the butter and allow to melt, then add the nutmeg, cauliflower and pumpkin. Stir everything until well combined.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add the gnocchi. Cook until gnocchi floats to the surface, then scoop out and add to the vegetable mix and stir through.
- Top with grated cheese while still hot. Enjoy!