This recipe is courtesy of my darling step-mum, but I can’t for the life of me remember the original source. An outrageously good tart that is sure to please!
- 200g packet Arnotts Chocolate Ripple biscuits
- 80g butter
- 3/4 cup cream
- 200g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 2 teasp instant coffee
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Optional – choc coated coffee beans and cocoa powder or grated chocolate to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Process the biscuits until fine crumbs form. Combine with the melted butter, then press firmly into the sides and base of a loose based flan tin.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 mins until firm.
- Place the cream, chocolate and coffee powder in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and the mixture is smooth. Cool slightly and add the eggs.
- Mix well and pour into the tart shell. Bake for 15 – 20 mins until chocolate mix is just set.
- Cool for one hour and decorate before serving.