I’ll admit this isn’t the healthiest cheesecake ever BUT it certainly has less refined sugar and fat than it would have otherwise!
- 200g gluten free arrowroot biscuits
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g block of extra light cream cheese
- 1/2 cup extra light ricotta
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice (or alternatively, mix 1/2 tbsp cinnamon with 1/4 tbsp each of ground ginger, allspice, ground cloves and nutmeg)
- 200g pumpkin (I used butternut, go with whatever is in season)
- 1 tbsp gluten free plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and line a 24cm cake tin with baking paper.
- In the food processor, blend the biscuits until crumbs form. Add the butter and stir until combined, then press into the bottom and sides of the cake tin and bake for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Finely slice the pumpkin and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until soft. Blend into a puree.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, ricotta and maple syrup until smooth (you can add more maple syrup here to taste). Add the pumpkin, pumpkin spice, eggs and flour, and stir until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the biscuit lined cake tin and bake until firm (approximately 40 minutes). Set aside in the fridge for 2 hours to chill before serving.