If the word ‘salad’ doesn’t get your heart racing, then surely the word ‘haloumi’ does. Using one of my favourite cheeses of all time, this salad takes only minutes to prepare and tastes marvelous.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 small bag (~ 3 cups) rocket leaves
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 200g block haloumi
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Chop the capsicum into chunks and place on a baking tray, and bake until just soft (about 5-10 minutes).
- Heat a frypan to medium heat. Slice the haloumi into slices (whatever shape takes your fancy) and pan fry until golden. I choose to forgo oil here and instead use a piece of baking paper to line the frypan – however, this will burn if you don’t check it regularly.
- Slice the cucumber into chunks. Layer the salad with the rocket on the bottom, then the cucumber, capsicum and haloumi on top.
- Whisk the apple cider vinegar and olive oil together before drizzling over the top of the salad. Enjoy!