An easy, colourful, healthy, filling dinner. What more could you really ask for?
Ingredients (serves 2 or 1 if you’re hungry)
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 100g Danish feta
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 Kent pumpkin
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon powdered sage leaves
- Optional – 1/2 eggplant, 1 teaspoon macadamia oil
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Finely slice the pumpkin and combine with the sage. Finely slice the brown onion and the garlic. If using, slice the eggplant widthways into two large discs and spread with macadamia oil. Bake all together until soft (approximately 15 minutes).
- Remove the stalk from the mushrooms and place cup side up. Top with the roasted onion, garlic and pumpkin, and then the spinach and feta. Bake until the feta is golden and the mushroom becomes soft (~ 20 minutes). Serve by itself or on top of the eggplant disc.