This versatile mixture can be used to make small fritters or muffins (or a bit of both like I did!). Both taste great eaten warm with lashings of fresh avocado, but also make for a great cold ‘grab and go’ breakfast laden with protein!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 400g can chicpeas, drained
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain flour (you can use any flour really e.g. Teff, gluten free, wholemeal, buckwheat or alternatively, use oats or rolled rye / barley / spelt)
- salt and pepper to taste (or your favourite seasoning mix)
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until smooth.
- To make fritters: Preheat a pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Cook the mixture in 1/8th cup batches until bubbling on top, the flip and cook for another minute.
- To make muffins: Preheat the oven to 200*C. Spoon 1/8th cup of mixture into small muffin cases, and top with a cherry tomato. Bake until golden brown and fluffy (about 15 minutes).