These mini pesto fruffins are a cross between a frittata and a muffin, and make for a quick and easy lunch box snack (or in my case, hidden in my scrub pockets at work…)
Ingredients (makes 12 big or 24 mini)
- 4 large free range eggs
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 heaped tablespoons pesto
- 100g block of your choice of cheese (feta, Edam, cheddar or Gouda work well here!)
- Preheat oven to 200*C. Line a muffin tin with cases or grease with oil.
- Mix the eggs, pesto, flour and yogurt until well combined. Pour mixture into muffin tins.
- Dice the cheese into 12 or 24 pieces depending on your muffin tray size, and press one piece into each blob of muffin mixture.
- Bake until risen and golden on top (15-20 minutes). Eat warm!