When life hands you mushy overripe spotty bananas – put them to good use!
This recipe has no added sugar due to the overripe bananas being naturally very sweet, but if you’d prefer something sweeter, add 1/2 cup of brown sugar as well.
- 3 very overripe mushy bananas (the more spotty the better)
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180*C
- Mix the wet ingredients
- Add the dry ingredients
- Pour into loaf tin or muffin cases and bake until a skewer comes out clean (will take ~ 25 minutes for the muffins but about 45 minutes for the loaf; start checking with a skewer as soon as the top is browned).