What do you get when you mix protein-rich chickpeas, nutty LSA and a tasty range of vegetables from the market? Some of the best veggie patties I’ve ever made!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 100g pumpkin
- 100g sweet potato
- 1/2 small head broccoli
- 150g baby spinach
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal)
- 1 large egg
- herbs from the garden – sage, thyme, parsley, chives, tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 200*C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop the pumpkin and sweet potato into small pieces and roast until golden and soft (approximately 30 minutes).
- Place the roast pumpkin and potato, broccoli, spinach, chickpeas and herbs into a food processor and process until combined. Add the egg and LSA, and mix well.
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. Roll 2-3 tablespoons of mixture into balls, place onto the pan and flatten with the back of a spatula. Lightly brown both sides (don’t cook all the way through).
- Transfer the patties to a lined baking tray and bake until firm (approximately 30 minutes). Serve as veggie burgers, as part of a buddha bowl, or as a delicious snack straight from the fridge!