This 4-ingredient dessert is the perfect way to beat the heat in our hot Australian summer, while celebrating one of our most glorious summer fruits – the mango!
- 2 large mangoes
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 can (~300g) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap, with enough overlap along the edges to cover the top.
- Remove the flesh from the mangoes and blend until smooth. Pour the mango mix into the loaf tin and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then mix with the condensed milk and vanilla. Be careful not to over mix as the cream will split and the texture will become grainy.
- Pour the cream mix on top of the mango mix, then fold the plastic wrap edges on top (this is to prevent the top from becoming icy). Freeze overnight or for at least 4 hours until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from the loaf tin and let stand for 10 minutes to soften. Serve topped with whatever you like, but I love mint and blueberries!