These are based on my turkey rissoles, and make for some great chicken burgers (although they’re just as tasty on their own too!).
Ingredients (makes 8 large patties)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small piece sourdough
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 100g pumpkin
- 1 egg
- herbs: 2 sprigs dill, 4 sprigs parsley, 6 tarragon leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200*C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Chop the pumpkin into small pieces and roast until soft (~ 20 minutes). Leave the oven on.
- Place the bread in a food processor and process into crumbs. Add the mince, egg, herbs and pumpkin until combined, then stir in the quinoa flakes.
- Heat a large fry pan over medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. Roll 2-3 tbsp of mixture into balls and drop onto the pan, squishing with the back of a spatula. Lightly brown both sides of the patties, then remove from the pan, place on the oven tray and return to the oven until cooked through (~ 15-20 minutes). Serve hot or cold.
Served above with a beetroot and cauliflower dip (essentially my lemon beetroot hummus but with roasted 1/2 head small cauliflower instead of chickepeas).