The recipe for these bliss balls was an experiment for a Mayver’s Food competition on Instagram. They turned out spectacularly well, and I’m stoked that I’ve found a delicious new pre-workout snack!
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cacao powder (you could use cocoa or carob instead)
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup hot water
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes to soften them, then remove from the bowl.
- Place the dates, oats, cacao, tahini and peanuts in the food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. You may need to add a teaspoon of the water here and there if the mixture seems too dry. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the bowl, but should be just wet enough to stick together when firmly pressed.
- Remove the mixture from the processor bowl and roll into small balls (approx. 1 tablespoon mixture each) using your palms, before rolling the balls in the coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or for an icy treat, stored in an airtight container in the freezer. Enjoy these little moments of bliss!