What do you call fake spaghetti? An im-pasta.
Jokes aside, this easy mid-week meal with oodles and oodles of zucchini noodles is a delicious alternative for those who are wanting to be carb conscious or just increase their daily intake of vegetables. For an added protein hit, add roasted chicken, otherwise this dish is vegan, as well as dairy and gluten free!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 medium zucchini (or you can buy pre-zoodled packs in major supermarkets)
- 2 tablespoons of good quality basil pesto
- 200g butternut pumpkin
- 4 small chicken breasts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of dukkha (I used the pistachio dukkha by Table of Plenty here)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Chop the pumpkin into chunks and lightly spray / coat with olive oil. Roast on a lined baking tray until soft and golden (about 25 minutes). If using the chicken, place the breasts onto a lined baking tray, season with salt and pepper, and roast until just coked through (about 15-20 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Using a spiraliser, turn the four zucchini into noodles and toss in the pesto.
- Serve the zoodles with the pumpkin, chicken and dukka on top. Easy!