This is heavenly. A simple “raw” slice that definitely satisfies the cravings! It’s also vegan and paleo friendly!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon cocoa / raw cacao / carob powder
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- To make the base, soften the dates by soaking them in hot water for 5 minutes. Add the dates, oats and tahini to the bowl of a food processor and process for 5 minutes or until smooth, adding water one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and place in the freezer.
- To make the top, pulse the cashews in the food processor until fine. Add the coconut, cocoa, stevia and coconut oil and process until smooth, adding water one tablespoon at a time until the mixture just comes together.
- Remove the tin from the freezer and spread the chocolate mixture along the top. Cover your hand with baking paper or cling wrap and firmly press the mixture into the pan. Cover with baking paper / cling film and return to the freezer for at least an hour. Cut into slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge or cling wrapped in individual portions in the freezer. Enjoy!!
For a perfectly peanutty version, swap the cashews for raw unsalted peanuts – delicious!