This base tastes lovely with whatever toppings take your fancy – in this case, tomato, baby spinach and reduced fat feta cheese! Note that the base will be firm but not crunchy unless you spray the bottom of the tin with oil instead of using baking paper.
- 200g pumpkin
- 100g cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon psyllium husk
- 1 egg
- mixed herbs, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Line a 24cm spring form cake tin with baking paper.
- Finely chop and steam the pumpkin, before mashing into a fine paste.
- Grate the cauliflower and bake at 200 degrees for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Add the cauliflower to the pumpkin mixture. Add the psyllium and beaten egg, combine well, and spread evenly across the bottom of the cake tin.
- Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until firm and golden.