This idea is not my own, I have to credit the amazing mega-blogger Raw Manda and her Raw Fudge Brownie Bites for the inspiration. These pieces of fudgey goodness are addictive but at least they’re not all bad for you! They are also vegan and gluten free.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or raw cacao or carob powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 1 cup dates
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes to soften slightly. Roughly chop.
- Process the dates, flour, cocoa, vanilla and stevia in a food processor, adding the water one spoon at a time until the mixture is smooth but not runny.
- Line a brownie tin with cling wrap and pour the mixture in. Cover the mixture with cling wrap and press firmly into the tin. Freeze for 2 hours, remove and cut into slices.
The fudge will keep well in the fridge but don’t leave it out for too long or it will start to melt!