These are one of my mum’s favourites! Follow this recipe for the ‘nice’ version but for an awesome twist, ditch the cottage cheese and instead press a small piece of camembert or brie cheese into the middle of each rissole when rolling the mixture before cooking. Divine!
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 small piece gluten free bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon crushed cranberries
- handful of shredded beetroot, carrot and broccoli stems (can be bought pre-mixed at Coles and Woolworths)
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- Mix the mince, egg and cranberry together in a bowl until well combined.
- Using a food processor, pulse the bread into fresh bread crumbs. Add to the mince mixture and combine well.
- Roll the mince mixture into small balls (approx 2 tablespoons worth) and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- When ready to cook, lightly sear the outside of the rissoles using a non stick fry pan before transferring to baking tray and baking for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees C.
- Serve with salad and cheese, and extra crushed cranberries or cranberry sauce if desired.