A quick and easy way to sneak in your 5 servings of vegetables a day. Even the fussiest eaters will enjoy these cheesy delights. If you cannot be bothered fashioning them into patties, the mixture tastes just as good scrambled as a pseudo cauliflower ‘mac and cheese’. Yum!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 400g tin brown lentils, drained
- 8 chives
- 400g tin corn kernals, drained
- 1 cup of a mixture of grated parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- Roughly chop the cauliflower and place into the food processor and process until fine. Remove from the food processor and place in a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add the lentils, chives (finely chopped), corn, cheese, oat bran and eggs and mix well (it may be easier to use your hands for this part).
- Add a small amount of olive oil to a fry pan over medium heat. Roll the mixture into balls and squish flat before frying in the oil until brown. For consistency, use a large egg ring to contain the mixture while frying. Remove from the oil, pat dry with a paper towel and serve while hot.