Miso, eggplant, mushrooms and salmon, with the freshness of cucumber – a winning combination really!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 pieces of salmon
- 1/2 medium cauliflower
- 2 stalks of kale
- 1/2 large continental cucumber
- 4 button mushrooms
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
A food processor makes this recipe much easier!
- To make the salad: Preheat the oven to 200*C. Finely slice the eggplant and mushrooms, place on a lined baking tray and bake until soft for 15 minutes or so. Finely chop the kale and cucumber. Set aside.
- To make the glaze: place the miso and teriyaki sauce in a bowl with 1/8 cup boiling hot water and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- To make the cauliflower rice: finely grate the cauliflower and squeeze in a towel to remove the moisture. Place the cauliflower in a covered dish with the chicken stock. Microwave on high for 12 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Cook the salmon to your liking – either baked for 10 minutes in the oven, or pan-friend.
- To assemble the dish, place the cucumber and kale on the bottom, then the cauliflower rice, then the eggplant and mushrooms, then the salmon. Drizzle with the miso sauce and serve! (I’ve sprinkled mine here with some smoked seaweed flakes, but you could also use bonito flakes or crushed up nori).