The title is peculiar I know, but how else to describe beautiful Australian prawns lovingly cooked in garlic and macadamia oil, with a drizzle of orange and passionfruit for a tangy hint of sweetness?
- 500g Australian prawns (fresh, peeled)
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder (depending on your taste!)
- 1/4 green cabbage (or if you’re not a fan, coz lettuce)
- 1 small head broccoli
- 2 large kale leaves, de-veined
- 3 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 medium passionfruit, 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice and 1 tbsp chia seeds (or you can use Chia New Zealand orange passionfruit flavour)
- Nuts to season on top (I would use macadamia usually, but in the photo I’ve used shaved almonds)
- Peel the prawns if not already done, and gently toss in 2 tbsp macadamia oil and the garlic powder.
- To assemble the salad, shred the green cabbage, kale and broccoli. Mix the passionfruit pulp (seeds removed) with the orange juice and chia seeds, and stir until starting to congeal. Toss the salad with the fruit mix and 1 tbsp macadamia oil until combined.
- Preheat a fry pan over medium heat and empty the entire prawn / oil mix into the pain, and cook until the prawns are just cooked through.
- Serve the salad with the prawns and nuts on top.