I know what you’re thinking. Broccoli isn’t everyone’s favourite vegetable, and even fewer people enjoy it in soup form. I used to be one of those people, until I tried the version cooked by the amazing team at O’Reilly’s guesthouse. This soup turned out delicious nonetheless and I would recommend trying it with fussy people who don’t usually eat vegetables as they may just enjoy it!
Ingredients (serves 2 big portions or 4 smaller ones)
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 spring onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 1 can light evaporated milk
- Oil for cooking with (olive or canola)
- In a large deep based saucepan, satuee the spring onions and garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Finely chop the broccoli and zucchini, before adding to the saucepan. Continue stirring until soft.
- Place the saucepan mixture in the blender with the ricotta. Pulse until as smooth as possible.
- Return the mixture to the stove and add the evaporated milk and rosemary. Stir until well combined. Best served hot with crusty bread!