I love making pies and experimenting with increasing their vegetable content. What better way to do it than in the crust itself!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 1/4 cup corn kernals
- 6 chives
- 1 cup cheese – I use a mixture of parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Line a 24cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the cauliflower in the food processor and process until fine. Add the corn and chives and pulse until smooth.
- Add the cheese, oatmeal, oil and eggs and combine well (it’s much easier to mix it with your hands for this part).
- Spread over the base of the cake tin and bake until golden brown (approx 25 minutes). Allow to cool slightly before adding topping – in the picture above, I’ve used walnuts, roast vegetable dip and kale pesto!