I came up with the idea for this recipe during my time working in the outback, where it was a blisteringly cold 2 degrees one morning. These oats helped to kick start my brain, my metabolism and the circulation in my fingertips….
- 1 early grey tea bag or teaspoon of tea leaves
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oats
- Handful of nuts (I chose almonds)
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Brew the tea in 100mL of boiling water. Add the milk and combine.
- Add the oats to the milk and microwave on high for 2 minutes or until cooked (this could also be done by adding the tea mix to the oats on a saucepan and stirring constantly until cooked).
- Using a fry pan over medium heat, lightly toast the nuts (without oil) until golden and aromatic. Top the oats with the nuts, drizzle with honey and serve while still hot.