After a recent baking spree for night shift, I can now truly appreciate why people are going nuts over these pie makers!
You’d be surprised at what people can create in such a short space of time with one of these (a real bargain considering they’re only $29 from Kmart). For some epic recipe ideas, definitely look up the Australian Kmart pie maker recipe group on Facebook!
As part of my experimentation, I made an old recipe of mine, a cross between a muffin and a frittata – a fruffin if you will (because mufftata sounds a bit risky).
I made two different flavours of these by changing the spice, otherwise the base recipe is the same!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 1 cup self raising flour (can use GF)
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 3 large slices of Gouda, quartered
- Spice mix of your choice – I tried the Smokey BBQ and tangy turmeric dip bases by Morlife
- Turn on the pie maker.
- Beat the eggs, then add the milk, flour, yogurt and spice mix and stir well to combine.
- Place spinach leaves at the base of the pie mould, then pour 1/8th cup of filling mixture on top. Place a small piece of cheese, then add another dollop of filling mixture to cover.
- Cook in the pie maker until golden brown (about 3-5 minutes). These will cook more evenly the more full the mould is.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge if they don’t all get eaten!