- 1 cup salt-reduced stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 400g mushrooms
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 sprigs each of tarragon, parsley, thyme and 2 large sage leaves
- 1/4 cup light cooking cream
- Preheat the oven to 200*C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Break up the cauliflower into small florets and baking until soft and starting to brown (30-40 minutes).
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat with a small amount of olive oil. Place the herbs, mushrooms and 1/2 cup stock in the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms soft and half the liquid evaporated (approximately 30 minutes).
- Drain the remaining liquid from the pot. Place the liquid, cauliflower, remaining stock and cream into a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pot with the mushrooms and stir until well combined. Serve with whatever takes your fancy (like roast chicken with kale and spinach as above!).