I’m of Lebanese heritage on Mum’s side, so hummus is in my blood. Some would say there is too much blood in my hummus stream even. But as much as I love the traditional recipes, I also love to experiment – and this tangy pretty-in-pink version is a great example of how to make better-than-store-bought hummus without the fuss!
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 x 200g can beetroot (drained and rinsed)
- 3 tbsp lemon infused olive oil (or you can use normal olive oil and add lemon zest to taste)
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- Place the chickpeas, beetroot and tahini in the food processor and blend until starting to combine.
- While processing, slowly add the olive oil until the mixture is smooth and creamy, and add the sea salt to taste. Refrigerate before serving to allow the mixture to firm, then serve with your favourite crackers or vegetable sticks.