This was a crazy Saturday afternoon experiment. While it didn’t turn out Insta-pic perfect, it did make for some fantastic meal prep with minimal washing up.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g Kent pumpkin
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 500g mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 4 small chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup reduced salt chicken stock
- 1.4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1 microwave packet of brown, red and wild rice
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
- Wash and chop the pumpkin and potatoes into small pieces and add to the dish. Bake until starting to soften (15-20 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms, asparagus and chicken breasts to the dish and bake until the chicken is almost cooked through (20 minutes). Add the spinach leaves and herbs and bake for a further 5 minutes until the leaves are wilted.
- Just prior to serving, cook the rice as per the packet directions and add to the dish.