Banana bites, doo-doo doo-doo-doo. (It’s a Muppet joke, sorry).
These tasty morsels are deliciously moreish, full of fibre and make for a satisfying snack that’s easy to hide in my scrub pocket!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or mylk (I used hazelnut coconut milk for something different!)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup raw muesli
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (can substitute with almond or hazelnut meal)
- 2 tbsp melted cocoa butter (can substitute for Nuttalex or butter or coconut oil)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C and grease or line a 12 cup capacity muffin tray.
- Mash the banana and mix with the eggs, milk and butter until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the wet ingredient mix and mix well.
- Pour into the muffin tray and bake until golden (15-20 minutes).
- Serve warm with natural peanut butter or a squirt of maple syrup!
If you like them a little sweeter, try adding 2 tbsp maple syrup into the mix, or experiment by adding some chopped dates or raw dark chocolate – yum!