I know, it sounds ridiculous, but trust me, it works! The trick is to use a granola that’s nut-based and doesn’t contain added refined sugars.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 salmon fillets, skin off
- 1 small sweet potato
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus (I prefer raw, but it can also be blanched in boiling water for 1 minute just prior to serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200*C. Chop the sweet potato into rough chunks and place on a lined baking tray. Bake until soft (20 minutes).
- On another lined baking tray, place the salmon and bake for 10 minutes. Crust the granola in a small bowl, and while still hot, place the salmon skin side down into the granola and press firmly to stick. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes, and allow to rest before serving.
- Serve the salmon with potato, spinach and asparagus.