For those who grew up in Queensland, you will no doubt be familiar with the Ekka Strawberry Sundae. A glorious tower of strawberries, Lick vanilla icecream, Lick strawberry icecream, whipped cream and strawberries, nestled in a crunchy cone and served at the Royal Qld Show (colloquially known as “The Ekka”) to raise money for the life changing research of the Prince Charles Hospital foundation.
Ingredients (makes 1)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla pea protein
- 4 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- Stevia to taste
- 1 x healthy muffin or donut (make your own or I used the vanilla muffin mix by 12Health)
- 1/4 cup vanilla Chobaniau yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon freeze dried strawberry powder (or you can just use strawberry yogurt)
- Sprinkle of puffed quinoa
- 1/2 tablespoon goji berries
- Strawberry to perch on top
- Blend the almond milk, pea protein, maca and berries until smooth.
- Pour into a jar and balance the donut on top.
- Swirl the yogurt with the strawberry powder, leaving some pink and some white. Dollop on top of the donut and decorate with quinoa, goji and a fresh strawberry.